Tuna noodle casserole is a classic comfort food that can be made even better with the use of home canned fish. Canning your own fish not only allows you to control the ingredients and seasoning, but also saves money in the long run. Here’s how to make this delicious and hearty meal.
– 1 can of canned tuna or other fish
– 8 oz. egg noodles
– 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook egg noodles according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine canned fish, condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, and frozen peas. Mix well.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish and spread it evenly.
7. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
– Tuna noodle casserole is a popular comfort food that can be made even better with the use of home canned fish.
– Canning your own fish allows you to control the ingredients and seasoning of the fish.
– This recipe uses canned tuna, but any other fish can be used depending on personal preference.
– The addition of frozen peas and shredded cheddar provides additional texture and flavor to the dish.
– Breadcrumbs can be made from stale bread or store bought.
– This recipe is an easy and affordable way to enjoy a hearty and delicious meal with the added benefits of home-canned fish.