Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
Tuna noodle casserole is an American classic and a crowd-pleasing dish that is easy to prepare. This creamy and flavorful casserole is a perfect weekday meal or potluck offering that is loved by young and old alike. In this recipe, we will share with you a simple, yet delicious tuna noodle casserole that you can make at home.
– 8 oz. egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna (drained)
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of frozen peas (optional)
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
– 2 tbsp. of butter
– Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Cook egg noodles according to the package directions until al dente.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and drained tuna until well combined.
4. Add the cooked noodles, frozen peas (if using), and half of the shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl and mix well.
5. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
7. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the noodle mixture.
8. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the breadcrumbs until well combined.
9. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top of the cheese.
10. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
11. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
12. Remove from the oven and let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
Summary of instructions:
– Preheat oven to 375°F.
– Cook egg noodles until al dente.
– Mix together cream of mushroom soup, milk, and drained tuna.
– Add cooked noodles, frozen peas, and half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
– Season with salt and pepper.
– Transfer mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
– Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over the top.
– Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in breadcrumbs.
– Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of the cheese.
– Cover casserole dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
– Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
– Let casserole cool before serving.