Epic Fail Lamb Cake Recipe
– 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
– 1 cup water
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 3 eggs
– 2 containers of frosting (white and pink)
– Coconut flakes
– Food coloring (green, red, and black)
– Mini marshmallows
– Fondant (optional for decoration)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a lamb-shaped cake pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the lamb-shaped cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Trim off any uneven edges of the cake using a serrated knife.
6. Divide the frosting into two bowls and tint one with pink food coloring.
7. Cover the cake with a thin layer of white frosting using a spatula.
8. Press the coconut flakes into the frosting to cover the cake.
9. Using red food coloring, color the mini marshmallows to make the lamb’s nose.
10. Cut two marshmallows in half and color them black to create the lamb’s eyes.
11. Use a piping bag to pipe the pink frosting onto the lamb’s ears and cheeks.
12. Attach the marshmallows for the nose and eyes onto the cake using the white frosting.
13. Optional: Use fondant to create grass and flowers to decorate around the lamb cake.
– Make sure to properly grease the lamb-shaped cake pan to prevent the cake from sticking.
– Use a serrated knife to trim the cake into the desired shape before frosting it.
– Press the coconut flakes into the frosting gently to avoid causing any damage to the cake.
– Color the marshmallows in advance so they have time to dry before use.
– Preheat the oven and mix the cake ingredients together.
– Bake and cool the cake, trimming any uneven edges.
– Frost the cake with white frosting and cover with coconut flakes.
– Use food coloring and mini marshmallows to create the lamb’s nose and eyes and use pink frosting for the ears and cheeks.
– Optional: decorate with fondant grass and flowers.