Discover the Secret to Crafting Delicious Takeout-Style Beef & Broccoli in Just 15 Minutes – You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is!
If you love Chinese takeout, you probably have a favorite dish that you order every time. Maybe it’s crispy sesame chicken, spicy kung pao shrimp, or savory fried rice. But have you ever tried beef and broccoli? It’s one of the most popular and satisfying dishes on the menu, and it’s surprisingly easy to make at home. In fact, you can whip up a batch of tender beef and crisp broccoli in a rich and flavorful sauce in just 15 minutes, using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Here’s how to do it.
To make beef and broccoli, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish (optional)
To make beef and broccoli, follow these simple steps:
- In a large ziplock bag, toss the steak with the cornstarch until well coated. Shake off any excess cornstarch.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the oil and cook the steak in batches for about 2 minutes per side, until browned and slightly crispy. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add the broccoli and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain any excess water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the steak back to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if desired, and serve over rice or noodles.
- Beef and broccoli is a delicious and easy Chinese takeout dish that you can make at home in 15 minutes.
- You’ll need flank steak, cornstarch, oil, broccoli, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- To make it, coat the steak with cornstarch, cook it in a skillet, cook the broccoli in water, make the sauce with soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes, combine everything in the skillet, and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.