Juicy Mexican Ground Beef Rice Casserole: A Flavor-Packed One-Pot Dinner Ready in 30 Minutes!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s full of flavor and satisfying, look no further than this juicy Mexican ground beef rice casserole. It’s a one-pot wonder that comes together in just 30 minutes, and it’s loaded with cheesy, spicy, and savory goodness. You’ll love how the rice absorbs the juices from the beef and the salsa, and how the cheese melts on top to create a creamy and cheesy layer. This casserole is perfect for busy weeknights, potlucks, or family gatherings. It’s also gluten-free and can be easily adapted to your preferences.
To make this delicious casserole, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, sour cream, sliced avocado, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, etc.
To make this casserole, follow these simple steps:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook the ground beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat if needed.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, rice, and salsa to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the casserole and cover with a lid until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- This casserole is a one-pot meal that’s ready in 30 minutes.
- It’s made with ground beef, rice, salsa, cheese, and optional toppings.
- It’s gluten-free and can be customized to your taste.
- It’s cheesy, spicy, savory, and satisfying.