How to Cook Mexican Burrito Rice with Ground Beef and Potatoes in Minutes
If you love Mexican food, you will love this easy and delicious recipe for burrito rice with ground beef and potatoes. This dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a satisfying lunch. You can customize it with your favorite toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, avocado, etc. Here’s how to make it in a few simple steps.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Your favorite burrito toppings (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook the ground beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat if needed.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Add the black beans and potatoes to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the rice mixture and fluff with a fork. Serve hot with your favorite burrito toppings or enjoy as is.
- This recipe shows you how to make a tasty and filling Mexican burrito rice with ground beef and potatoes in minutes.
- You only need one skillet and a few simple ingredients to make this dish.
- You can customize it with your favorite toppings or eat it plain.
- This dish is great for a quick dinner or a satisfying lunch.