Delicious Easy to Bake Pikelets | Paul Hollywood’s Easy Bakes
Pikelets are a traditional snack in the United Kingdom, made from a pancake-like batter and cooked on a griddle or skillet. They can be enjoyed with butter and jam or as a savory treat with cheese or ham. If you are looking for a simple yet delicious recipe for pikelets, then look no further than Paul Hollywood’s Easy Bakes.
– 150g self-raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 50g caster sugar
– 1 egg
– 150ml milk
– butter, for cooking
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
3. Gradually add the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture, whisking continuously until you have a smooth batter.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and melt a small piece of butter in the pan.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto the pan, making sure to leave enough space between each pikelet.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, flipping once.
7. Remove from the pan and repeat until all the batter is used up.
8. Serve the pikelets warm with butter and jam or any other topping of your choice.
– Don’t over-mix the batter as this can result in tough and rubbery pikelets.
– If you prefer a thinner batter, add a little more milk.
– To keep the pikelets warm while cooking, place them in a preheated oven at 100°C.
– Pikelets are a popular snack in the UK.
– Paul Hollywood’s Easy Bakes recipe for pikelets is simple and delicious.
– The ingredients include self-raising flour, baking powder, caster sugar, egg, milk, and butter.
– The batter is easy to make by mixing the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
– The pikelets are cooked on a non-stick frying pan with a little butter.
– They can be served warm with butter and jam or any other topping of your choice.
– Tips for making perfect pikelets include not over-mixing the batter, adjusting the thickness of the batter, and keeping the pikelets warm while cooking.