How to Make Juicy Meatloaf
Meatloaf is a classic dish that can be found in most households across America. This delicious and versatile dish can be enjoyed with different sides and has a lot of variations. But not all meatloaf is created equal, and sometimes it can turn out dry and bland. In this recipe, we will guide you through how to make a juicy meatloaf that is full of flavor and easy to make.
For the meatloaf:
– 2 pounds of ground beef
– 1 cup of breadcrumbs
– 1 cup of milk
– 2 eggs
– ½ cup of diced onions
– ½ cup of grated carrots
– ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of pepper
For the glaze:
– ½ cup of ketchup
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, diced onions, grated carrots, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and shape the meat mixture into a loaf. Make sure that it is evenly shaped and compacted.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Spread the glaze over the meatloaf.
5. Bake the meatloaf for 60-70 minutes or until it is cooked through (160°F internal temperature).
6. Let the meatloaf rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
– You can use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef if you prefer.
– Make sure that you drain any excess liquid from the grated carrots to avoid making your meatloaf soggy.
– You can add other ingredients such as chopped green peppers, garlic, or herbs to enhance the flavor of your meatloaf.
– You can also top your meatloaf with bacon strips for an extra layer of flavor.
In conclusion, making juicy meatloaf is easy and straightforward. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that will surely please your family and friends.
– Preheat oven to 350°F
– Mix together beef, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, onions, carrots, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper
– Shape mixture into loaf, add glaze, bake for 60-70 minutes at 160°F internal temperature
– Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving