Tuna Noodle Casserole: A Delicious and Healthy Dish for Any Low-Calorie Lifestyle
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy meal that won’t sabotage your low-calorie lifestyle, you might want to give Tuna Noodle Casserole a try! This dish is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by many for decades. But did you know that with a few tweaks, you can make this casserole more nutritious and suitable for your dietary needs? In this article, we’re going to share with you a Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe that is perfect for diet recipes, healthy home cooking, and low-calorie lifestyles.
– 8 oz of whole-grain egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of diced onion
– 1/2 cup of diced celery
– 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to their packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and celery, and cook until they start to soften.
4. Add the canned tuna (drained) to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, and plain Greek yogurt (or low-fat sour cream) to the skillet. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the cooked egg noodles to the skillet and stir gently to coat them in the mixture.
7. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
8. Bake the casserole in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
9. Once done, let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. You can sprinkle fresh parsley on top for added flavor and nutrition.
– You can use canned salmon or chicken instead of canned tuna in this recipe.
– To make this dish even healthier, you can use whole-grain breadcrumbs and low-sodium cream of mushroom soup.
– You can also add more veggies to the dish, such as mushrooms, carrots, or bell peppers.
Overall, Tuna Noodle Casserole is a great dish for people who want to eat healthy while still enjoying their favorite comfort foods. With this recipe, you can create a tasty and nutritious meal that fits your dietary needs and supports your low-calorie lifestyle. Bon Appetit!
– Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic comfort food that can be made more nutritious and suitable for low-calorie lifestyles.
– To create a healthier version of this dish, use whole-grain egg noodles, plain Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream, and low-sodium cream of mushroom soup.
– The recipe can be made with canned tuna, salmon, or chicken, and you can add more veggies to the dish to boost its nutritional value.
– The dish is easy to make and can be cooked in a 9×13 baking dish for 20-25 minutes. It’s a delicious and healthy meal perfect for any low-calorie lifestyle!