Meatloaf is a classic American comfort food that never goes out of style. It’s a flavorful, filling dish that’s perfect for weeknight dinners or Sunday family gatherings. One of the most popular meatloaf recipes out there is the Cracker Barrel Meatloaf, which is well-loved for its moist texture and savory taste. However, you don’t have to go out to a restaurant to enjoy this dish. With this quick and easy meatloaf recipe, you can make a copycat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf at home in no time.
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 2 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, diced onion, diced green bell pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
3. Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it in a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard until well-combined.
5. Spread half of the ketchup mixture on top of the meatloaf, making sure to cover it completely.
6. Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the remaining ketchup mixture on top.
8. Return the meatloaf to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160°F.
9. Once done, remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
– A quick and easy meatloaf recipe based on the Cracker Barrel Meatloaf.
– Made with lean ground beef, diced onion, diced green bell pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, ketchup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard.
– Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, shape into a loaf, and spread with a ketchup mixture.
– Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add more ketchup mixture on top and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
– Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.