As our lives get busier, it’s harder than ever to find time to prepare healthy meals. But, healthy eating doesn’t have to be time-consuming or complicated. With a little planning and preparation, you can easily whip up nutritious meals even on the busiest of weeknights. Here are some of the best healthy recipes for busy weeknights and beyond.
1. One-Pot Chicken and Veggies
This recipe is perfect for those who want a quick and easy meal without sacrificing taste or nutrition. Simply sauté chicken, then add in your favorite vegetables and toss with a flavorful sauce.
2. Veggie-Packed Quinoa Salad
This salad is packed with protein and healthy veggies, making it a perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Simply cook your quinoa, then add in your favorite vegetables and a healthy dressing.
3. Sheet Pan Fajitas
Sheet pan fajitas are the perfect meal for busy weeknights. Simply slice up your favorite vegetables and chicken or beef, then toss them all together on a sheet pan with some flavorful spices.
4. Turkey and Veggie Stir Fry
This stir fry recipe is quick, easy, and packed with flavor. Simply cook your turkey and vegetables in a wok, then toss with a flavorful sauce for an easy and healthy weeknight meal.
5. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
For a healthy meal that practically cooks itself, try this slow cooker chicken chili recipe. Simply toss all your ingredients into your slow cooker, then let it cook for hours, filling your home with mouth-watering aromas.
6. Eggplant and Quinoa Stacks
This recipe is perfect for those who want a hearty, healthy meal without any meat. Simply layer eggplant and quinoa, then top with a flavorful tomato sauce and cheese for a delicious and nutritious dish.
In summary, by planning and preparing ahead of time, you can easily make healthy and delicious meals even on the busiest of weeknights. Try some of these recipes and see how easy healthy eating can be.
One-Pot Chicken and Veggies
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and sauté until tender-crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the pan and toss everything together.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.