Easter is coming up, and what better way to celebrate than with a whimsical bunny cake? This DIY bunny cake is easy to make and guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone’s face. Plus, it’s a fun and educational project to do with kids!
– 2 round cakes (either store-bought or homemade)
– White frosting
– Pink food coloring
– Black food coloring
– Coconut flakes
– Jelly beans or other candy for decoration
1. Start by baking your two round cakes. Let them cool completely before beginning the decorating process.
2. Once your cakes are cool, place one on a cake board or serving platter. This will be the body of your bunny.
3. Cut the other round cake in half. Take one half and place it above the body cake. This will be the bunny’s head.
4. Cut the other half of the round cake in half again. Take one of those halves and place it on either side of the head cake, creating bunny ears.
5. Now it’s time to frost your bunny cake! Cover the entire cake with white frosting. Don’t worry about it being perfect, because the coconut flakes will add texture to the bunny’s fur.
6. Add a few drops of pink food coloring to some of the white frosting to create a pale pink color. Use this frosting to cover the bunny’s ears and make the nose.
7. Use the black food coloring to create the eyes and mouth of the bunny.
8. Sprinkle coconut flakes over the entire cake, pressing them gently into the frosting so they stick.
9. Finally, add jelly beans or other candy for the bunny’s eyes and nose.
– Make two round cakes, one for the body and one for the head/ears
– Frost cake with white frosting, adding coconut flakes for texture
– Use pink frosting for the inside of the ears and the bunny’s nose
– Use black frosting for the bunny’s eyes and mouth
– Decorate with jelly beans or other candy for the eyes and nose