Tuna Salad and Hummus Sandwiches are the perfect lunchtime treat. Not only are they delicious, but they’re easy to make and packed with healthy ingredients. In this recipe, Ina Garten (also known as the Barefoot Contessa) shows you how to make the ultimate Tuna Salad and Hummus Sandwich. Let’s get started!
– 2 cans of tuna (albacore or chunk light)
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup chopped scallions (white and green parts)
– 2 tablespoons capers, drained
– 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 4 large slices of whole wheat bread
– 1/2 cup prepared hummus
– 8 slices of cucumber
– 8 slices of tomato
– 1/2 cup baby arugula
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, scallions, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Spread the hummus evenly on each slice of bread.
3. Divide the tuna salad evenly among two slices of bread.
4. Top each sandwich with cucumber slices, tomato slices, and arugula leaves.
5. Close the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread.
6. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
Summary of the recipe:
– Mix tuna, mayonnaise, scallions, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a bowl.
– Spread hummus on each slice of bread.
– Divide tuna mixture among two slices of bread.
– Top with cucumber slices, tomato slices, and arugula leaves.
– Close sandwich with remaining bread slices.
– Cut and serve.