Meatloaf is a classic American dish that can be prepared in many different ways, but sometimes it can turn out dry and bland. If you want to learn how to make meatloaf taste delicious every time, then you are in the right place! With these simple tips and tricks, your meatloaf will be the talk of the town.
– 2 pounds of ground beef
– 1 cup of breadcrumbs
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon of mustard
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/4 cup of ketchup or BBQ sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
3. Pour the meat mixture into a 9×5 inch loaf pan and smooth out the surface.
4. Spread ketchup or BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaf.
5. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour.
6. Remove the foil cover and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160°F.
7. Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and tricks:
– Don’t overmix the meat mixture, or your meatloaf will turn out tough.
– You can substitute ground beef with ground pork, turkey, or chicken to make your meatloaf leaner.
– If you want to give your meatloaf more flavor, you can add chopped herbs, such as parsley, thyme, or rosemary.
– You can also add chopped veggies, such as carrots, celery, or bell peppers, to the meat mixture for extra nutrition and texture.
– Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf to make sure it’s fully cooked.
– Let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute and prevent it from falling apart.
In summary, making delicious meatloaf is easy if you follow these simple steps. Use quality ingredients, don’t overmix the meat mixture, and add extra flavor with herbs and veggies. By following these tips and tricks, you can create a moist and flavorful meatloaf that your family and friends will love.