Campbell’s Braised Chicken Noodle Recipe: A Delicious and Nutritious Meal
Braising is a cooking technique that involves first searing meat in a hot pan and then slow-cooking it in a flavorful liquid. The result is a tender and succulent dish, and Campbell’s Braised Chicken Noodle Recipe is no exception. This dish is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients that will keep you energized and satisfied. In this article, we’ll go over how to make this recipe step by step and highlight some of its nutritional benefits.
– 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
– 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and sear them until golden brown on both sides (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add sliced onions and minced garlic. Sauté until softened and fragrant (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Stir in Italian seasoning, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and low-sodium chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, and return chicken thighs to the pan.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the skillet with a lid, and let the chicken braise for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
5. While the chicken is braising, cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
6. To serve, divide cooked egg noodles among four plates or bowls, and top with a chicken thigh and some of the braising liquid. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Campbell’s Braised Chicken Noodle Recipe is a well-rounded meal that provides a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats, as well as essential vitamins and minerals. Here are some of the key nutritional benefits:
– Protein: Chicken thighs are a rich source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body.
– Carbohydrates: Egg noodles provide a good source of energy, as they are rich in complex carbohydrates.
– Healthy Fats: Olive oil is a healthy source of unsaturated fats, which have been shown to help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
– Vitamins and Minerals: Onions and garlic are both rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, manganese, and potassium. Mushrooms, which are used in the cream of mushroom soup, are a good source of vitamin D and B vitamins.
– Campbell’s Braised Chicken Noodle Recipe is a delicious and nutritious meal that is easy to make.
– The braising technique brings out the tenderness and succulence of the chicken, while the egg noodles provide a good source of energy.
– Olive oil is a healthy source of unsaturated fats, onions and garlic are rich in vitamins and minerals, and mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D and B vitamins.
– The recipe can be modified by adding more vegetables, such as carrots, celery, or peas, for added fiber and nutrients.