Tuna Noodle Casserole Made From Scratch: The Perfect Comfort Food Recipe
Tuna noodle casserole is the perfect comfort food that many people grew up eating. This recipe is not only delicious, but also easy to make from scratch. Here is a step-by-step guide to making a delicious tuna noodle casserole.
– 8 oz of egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna (drained)
– 1 cup of chopped vegetables (carrots, onions, celery)
– 1/4 cup of butter
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 2 cups of milk
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1/4 tsp of black pepper
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
– 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain the noodles and set them aside.
3. Saute the chopped vegetables in butter until they are tender.
4. In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until it is combined.
5. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
6. Add the salt and black pepper. Continue to cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
7. Add the sauteed vegetables and drained tuna to the sauce mixture.
8. Add the cooked noodles, stirring gently to combine everything evenly.
9. Pour the noodle mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
10. In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
11. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top of the noodle mixture.
12. Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden and the casserole is heated through.
13. Serve the tuna noodle casserole hot and enjoy!
This recipe is easy to modify to suit your taste preferences. You can add different vegetables or seasonings for additional flavor. If you prefer a creamier casserole, you can add more milk or even a can of mushroom soup. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make the perfect tuna noodle casserole from scratch.
– Preheat oven and cook egg noodles.
– Saute vegetables and make a sauce with butter, flour, milk, salt, and pepper.
– Add sauteed vegetables and tuna to the sauce.
– Combine everything together and pour into a baking dish.
– Top with bread crumbs and cheese.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes.
– Serve hot and enjoy!