Tuna Casserole | Everyday Food with Sarah Carey
Do you want to make a quick and easy dinner that is loaded with protein? Tuna casserole is the perfect option for you! It is a classic dish that is always a crowd-pleaser. In this recipe, we will use canned tuna, mushrooms, noodles, and other pantry staples to create a delicious meal. Let’s get started!
– 12 ounces egg noodles
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 3 cups whole milk
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– 10 ounces canned tuna, drained and flaked
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add all-purpose flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Gradually add whole milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
5. Add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper to the sauce. Stir to combine.
6. Add drained tuna, frozen peas, and sliced mushrooms to the sauce. Stir to combine.
7. Mix the cooked egg noodles with the tuna mixture.
8. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
9. In a small bowl, mix panko bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the casserole.
10. Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
– Tuna casserole is a classic dish that is easy to make and packed with protein.
– This recipe uses canned tuna, mushrooms, noodles, and other pantry staples to create a delicious meal.
– The dish is creamy, flavorful, and topped with a crunchy bread crumb and Parmesan cheese topping.
– It is a perfect weeknight meal for busy families.
– The recipe takes only 30 minutes to make and feeds a crowd.
– Enjoy this comforting tuna casserole with a side salad or some crusty bread for a complete meal.