If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make cake recipe that will impress your friends and family, look no further than this Lemon Bliss Cake. Made with the tangy and zesty flavor of fresh lemons, this cake is perfect for any occasion, from a simple afternoon snack to an elegant dessert for a dinner party.
For the cake:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs, room temperature
– 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
– 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
For the lemon glaze:
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice until well combined.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl, until smooth.
9. Once the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
10. Poke several holes in the top of the cake with a fork and pour the lemon glaze over the top, allowing it to soak into the cake.
11. Let the cake cool completely in the pan.
12. Once the cake has cooled, use a knife to loosen the edges and remove it from the pan.
13. Cut the cake into squares and serve.
– Lemon Bliss Cake is a tangy and zesty cake made with fresh lemons, perfect for any occasion.
– To make the cake, whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl and cream the butter and sugar in another bowl.
– Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with milk, to make the cake batter.
– Pour the batter into a greased baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until done.
– While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice.
– Once the cake is done, poke holes in the top and pour the lemon glaze over it, letting it soak in.
– Finally, let the cake cool and serve in squares.