Tuna noodle casserole is a classic dish that has been enjoyed by many for generations. However, it has also gained a reputation as a boring and uninspired meal. But fear not, because with the help of Drew’s Making Tuna Noodle Casserole Cool Again, you can breathe new life into this old favorite.
– 8 ounces egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1 cup chopped mushrooms
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons flour
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Bread crumbs for topping (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
4. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until softened.
5. Add the chopped mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they release their moisture and begin to brown.
6. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir well to combine.
7. Gradually add the milk to the skillet, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
8. Add the frozen peas and drained tuna to the skillet and stir to combine.
9. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
10. Add the cooked egg noodles to the skillet and stir to combine.
11. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
12. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese and grated parmesan cheese over the top of the casserole.
13. If desired, sprinkle bread crumbs over the cheese layer.
14. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
15. Serve the tuna noodle casserole hot and enjoy!
– Cook egg noodles and set aside.
– Sauté onion and garlic in butter, then add mushrooms.
– Add flour and milk to create a sauce, then add the frozen peas and tuna.
– Add the cooked egg noodles and transfer it to a baking dish.
– Top with shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese.
– Optionally, sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes.