Cinnamon-Crisp Coffee Cake – our 2023 Recipe of the Year!
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make coffee cake recipe? Look no further than our 2023 Recipe of the Year: Cinnamon-Crisp Coffee Cake! This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends, whether served at a breakfast or brunch event or as a sweet treat any time of the day.
– 1 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 1/4 cup of white sugar
– 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 cup of brown sugar
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Lightly grease an 8-inch square cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add the softened butter and beat the mixture with an electric mixer until it is smooth.
4. Add the vanilla extract, eggs, and sour cream to the mixture, stirring until just blended.
5. In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon. In another small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the chilled and diced butter pieces for both mixtures with a pastry cutter or fork, until the mixture is crumbly.
6. Pour half of the batter into the greased pan, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar layer, and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over that.
7. Add the crumbly topping mixture, evenly sprinkling it over the top of the cinnamon sugar layer.
8. Bake the coffee cake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick test comes out clean.
9. Allow the coffee cake to cool slightly before serving, cutting it into slices and serving it on a platter or individual plates.
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and generously grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
– Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
– Beat in softened butter, vanilla extract, eggs, and sour cream to make an even batter.
– In separate bowls, mix cinnamon sugar and brown sugar, flour, and chilled butter until crumbly.
– Layer the batter, cinnamon sugar, batter, and cinnamon sugar in the cake pan.
– Sprinkle crumble on top of the layers.
– Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
– Cool before serving in slices.