Quick and Easy Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Covered Strawberries 🍓🍫
Looking for a quick and easy dessert that’s both delicious and impressive? Look no further than chocolate covered strawberries! These tasty treats only take a few minutes to prepare, but they’ll make a big impression on your guests. Plus, they’re a healthier alternative to some other desserts, since strawberries are packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
What you’ll need:
– Fresh strawberries (as many as you’d like to serve)
– Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (about 1 cup)
– Coconut oil (1 tablespoon)
1. Rinse the strawberries and pat them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they’re completely dry, or the chocolate won’t stick properly.
2. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring frequently. If using the microwave, start with 30-second intervals and stir in between until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate, using a toothpick or fork to hold it by the stem. Make sure to coat the entire berry.
4. Place the dipped strawberries on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or wax paper.
5. Put the strawberries in the fridge or freezer to set. If you’re in a rush, you can place them in the freezer for about 10 minutes, but for best results, let them chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
– Sprinkle crushed nuts, sprinkles, or coconut flakes on top of the chocolate before it sets for an extra pop of flavor and texture.
– Use white chocolate or milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate for a different flavor.
– Make a “chocolate fondue” by setting out a bowl of melted chocolate and a bowl of fresh strawberries for dipping.
– Chocolate covered strawberries are a quick and easy dessert.
– They’re a healthy alternative to some other desserts.
– Rinse and dry the strawberries before dipping them in melted chocolate.
– Chill the strawberries in the fridge or freezer to set.
– You can add toppings or use different types of chocolate for variation.