Phirni Recipe – A Delicious Indian Rice Pudding Dessert
Phirni is a delightful Indian rice pudding dessert that is made from simmering rice in milk and sugar until it reaches a creamy and thick consistency. It is a popular dessert that is enjoyed during special occasions and festivals, such as Eid, Diwali, and weddings.
– 1 cup rice
– 4 cups milk
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
– Almond and pistachio slivers for garnish
1. Rinse the rice a few times until the water runs clear, then soak it in water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water and grind the rice to a coarse paste in a blender, adding some milk if needed.
3. In a large saucepan, add the milk and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the rice paste, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and the rice is cooked.
5. Add the sugar and cardamom powder, stirring well until the sugar dissolves. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Pour the mixture into individual bowls and let it cool to room temperature. Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
7. Refrigerate the phirni for at least 1 hour before serving.
– You can use any type of rice, but the best result is achieved with Basmati rice.
– Adding some saffron strands to the milk while boiling adds a rich yellow color and distinct flavor to the phirni.
– If you want a smoother texture, strain the mixture through a sieve before adding the sugar and cardamom powder.
– Adjust the sugar quantity as per your preference.
Phirni is a simple and quick dessert that can be made with easily available ingredients at home. It is a perfect dessert to impress your guests and to satisfy your sweet tooth. So, try this recipe today and relish the creamy and delicious taste of phirni.
– Phirni is a delightful Indian rice pudding dessert that is perfect for special occasions and festivals.
– Soak rice and grind it to a coarse paste.
– Simmer rice paste in milk until thick and creamy.
– Add sugar and cardamom powder and garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
– Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
– Add saffron to the milk for a richer flavor.
– Strain the mixture for a smoother texture.
– Adjust sugar quantity as per preference.