Chocolate chip cookies are a classic treat that is perfect for anytime snacking or as a dessert. Whether you want to whip up a batch to share with friends or to indulge in with a cold glass of milk, chocolate chip cookies are a timeless recipe that never gets old. With the help of Lynja’s recipe, you can make delicious chocolate chip cookies that will have people begging for more.
To make Lynja’s chocolate chip cookies, you will need:
– 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup of white sugar
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract
– 3 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– 2 tsp of hot water
– ½ tsp of salt
– 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
– 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
Follow these simple steps to make Lynja’s chocolate chip cookies:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
5. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and add to the dough. Mix until just combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (if using).
7. Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
9. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Summary of the recipe:
– Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
– Add eggs and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir until combined.
– In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add it to the mixture until combined.
– Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to the dough. Mix well.
– Add chocolate chips and walnuts (optional) and fold into the mixture.
– Scoop dough onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°F
– Cool cookies for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Serve and enjoy delicious chocolate chip cookies!