Beef stew is a classic comfort food that offers warmth and nourishment on cold winter days. This hearty and delicious dish is made with tender meat, savory vegetables, and a rich, flavorful broth that is sure to satisfy your cravings. If you are looking for a beef stew recipe that is easy to make and has received hundreds of 5-star reviews, then look no further than “The BEST Beef Stew Recipe”!
– 2 pounds of beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 large onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 cups of beef broth
– 1/2 cup of red wine
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper. Add the beef cubes and toss to coat.
2. In a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
3. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
4. Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
5. Add the beef broth and red wine, scraping the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned bits.
6. Add the bay leaves and thyme and bring the mixture to a simmer.
7. Return the beef to the pot and add the carrots and potatoes.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
9. Simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
10. Add the frozen peas and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
11. Remove the bay leaves from the pot.
12. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
– Beef stew is a classic comfort food that provides warmth and nourishment.
– “The BEST Beef Stew Recipe” is an easy-to-make dish that has received hundreds of 5-star reviews.
– This recipe calls for beef chuck roast, flour, salt, black pepper, olive oil, onion, garlic, beef broth, red wine, bay leaves, thyme, carrots, potatoes, frozen peas, and chopped fresh parsley.
– The beef is browned in a Dutch oven, before being combined with the other ingredients and simmered for 1 1/2-2 hours, until everything is tender.
– The finished stew can be garnished with chopped fresh parsley and enjoyed hot.