Old School Soul Food Super Bowl Party Day 2 (Old School Soul Food Style) is the perfect way to bring everyone together for a day of fun, food, and football. This event is all about celebrating the old school soul food that we all love, with some classic dishes that will be sure to impress your guests. Here is a recipe article that will guide you through some of the best dishes that you can prepare for this big event.
1. Fried Chicken – Nothing beats a good old classic fried chicken recipe, and it is a must-have for any soul food party you may be throwing. To make perfect fried chicken, start by marinating thick chicken pieces in buttermilk. Then, season it with a mix of flour and spices such as paprika, garlic salt, and black pepper. Fry in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
2. Mac and Cheese – No soul food feast would be complete without a side dish of creamy, hearty Mac and Cheese. You can make it by boiling the macaroni until al dente, making a roux using butter and flour, adding shredded cheddar cheese, milk, and adding cooked macaroni to the sauce.
3. Collard Greens – Collard greens are a staple in any soul food menu. Sautee greens with onion, garlic, and bacon until tender. Season with hot sauce or vinegar and serve it hot.
4. Cornbread – This soul food classic is perfect for any party, and it is easy to make. Just Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, milk, and an egg into a batter and bake it in a cast-iron skillet.
5. Sweet Potato Pie – Sweet Potato Pie is a traditional soul food dessert that is rich in texture and flavor. You can make an excellent pie recipe quickly by mashing cooked sweet potatoes, adding sugar, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon before pouring into a pie crust.
With these soul food dishes, you’ll be sure to impress your guests and have a lovely time watching the Super Bowl together. Try these dishes to bring everyone together in love, friendship, and good food!
– Fried Chicken
– Mac and Cheese
– Collard Greens
– Sweet Potato Pie