One fun and creative way to celebrate Easter is by making an Easter basket cake. This dessert not only looks adorable, but it also taste delicious. In this article, we’ll share with you a step-by-step guide on how to create this Easter-themed cake.
– Cake mix (or ingredients to make cake from scratch)
– Buttercream frosting
– Food coloring
– Easter candy (jelly beans, chocolate eggs, etc.)
– Piping bags
– Grass piping tip
– Basket weaving tool (optional)
1. Start by baking your cake according to the instructions on the box or recipe. Once baked, let it cool completely before decorating.
2. To make the buttercream frosting, mix together butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Also, add in food coloring of your choice to dye your frosting.
3. Cut your cake into even layers and layer them with frosting in between each one.
4. Using a grass piping tip, pipe green frosting around the edges and top of the cake to create the appearance of grass.
5. Fill a piping bag with brown frosting and use a basket weaving tool to create a lattice pattern on the sides of the cake. If you don’t have a basket weaving tool, you can still achieve this look by using a piping bag to create thin lines.
6. Add your Easter candy (jelly beans, chocolate eggs, etc.) on top of the grass, and you can also add a small Easter bunny figure or Easter eggs to complete the look.
7. Finally, tie a ribbon around the cake to create the handle of the basket. You can also add a bow or other decorations to the ribbon.
– Start by baking and cooling your cake before decorating.
– Create a buttercream frosting with food coloring of your choice.
– Use a grass piping tip to pipe green frosting around the edges and top of the cake.
– Create a basket weaving pattern on the sides of the cake using brown frosting and piping bag.
– Add Easter candy and decorations on top of the grass.
– Tie a ribbon around the cake to form the handle of the basket.