Homemade Tetrazzini Recipe – Laura Vitale – Laura in the Kitchen Episode 895
Tetrazzini is a classic Italian-American dish that typically consists of spaghetti, chicken, mushrooms, and a creamy sauce. Laura Vitale’s homemade tetrazzini recipe is a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe that will have you making this dish over and over again.
– 1 pound of spaghetti
– 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
– 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms
– 1/4 cup of flour
– 4 cups of chicken broth
– 1/2 cup of heavy cream
– 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
– 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
1. Start by cooking the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until they are tender and lightly browned.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir to coat. Cook for about 2 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and lightly browned.
4. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened.
5. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Add the cooked chicken, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
6. Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss everything together until the spaghetti is coated in the sauce.
7. Stir in the chopped parsley and serve hot.
– Cook spaghetti according to package instructions and set it aside.
– In a skillet, cook sliced mushrooms until tender and lightly browned.
– Mix flour with mushrooms and butter.
– Whisk in chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
– Reduce heat, stir in heavy cream, cooked chicken, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
– Add cooked spaghetti to the skillet and coat it in the sauce.
– Add chopped parsley and serve hot.