Ina Garten is a beloved chef known for her sophisticated take on American classics. However, there are some things about Ina that are rarely discussed. Here are some controversial things everyone just ignores about Ina Garten:
1. Ina Garten once declined to meet a Make-A-Wish child.
In 2016, a young Make-A-Wish child named Elijah was supposed to meet Ina Garten on the set of her show “Barefoot Contessa.” However, Garten declined to meet him, citing her busy schedule. The decision was met with backlash from fans and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
2. Ina Garten has been criticized for her lack of diversity on her show.
Over the years, Ina Garten’s show has been criticized for its lack of diversity. Critics have pointed out that the show rarely features people of color and perpetuates a certain kind of elitism.
3. Ina Garten’s recipes aren’t always healthy.
While Ina Garten’s recipes are often delicious, they’re not always healthy. Many of her recipes contain large amounts of butter, cream, and sugar, which can be unhealthy in excess.
4. Ina Garten has been accused of plagiarism.
In 2018, Ina Garten was accused of plagiarizing a recipe from food blogger, James Briscione. Briscione noticed that Garten’s recipe for roasted shrimp and orzo bore a striking resemblance to his own recipe, which had been published in 2013.
Despite these controversies, Ina Garten remains a beloved figure in the culinary world. Her easy-to-follow recipes and approachable demeanor have made her a fan favorite. Here is a recipe that showcases Garten’s culinary skills:
Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars Recipe
For the Crust:
– 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 2 cups flour
– 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Filling:
– 6 extra-large eggs at room temperature
– 3 cups granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
– 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 cup flour
– Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
3. Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed.
4. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.
5. Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
6. For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour.
7. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
8. Let cool to room temperature.
9. Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Summary of Ina Garten’s controversial things and Lemon Bars recipe:
– Controversial things everyone just ignores about Ina Garten
– Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars Recipe
– Ina Garten once declined to meet a Make-A-Wish child.
– Ina Garten has been criticized for her lack of diversity on her show.
– Ina Garten’s recipes aren’t always healthy.
– Ina Garten has been accused of plagiarism.
– Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars Recipe ingredients and instructions.