Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe – A Nostalgic Comfort Food
Tuna noodle casserole is a beloved comfort food that has been a staple in American households for generations. It is a dish that is easy to make, budget-friendly, and perfect for busy weeknights. This recipe is also versatile and customizable, making it a great choice for picky eaters or those with dietary restrictions.
– 8 oz of egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of frozen peas
– 1/4 cup of diced onions
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, and diced onions.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the bowl and mix well.
5. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer the mixture to a 9×9 inch baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
1. For added crunch, top the casserole with breadcrumbs or crushed potato chips before baking.
2. Customize the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, or mushrooms.
3. Swap out the egg noodles for whole wheat pasta or gluten-free noodles to make the dish more nutritious or suitable for gluten-free diets.
4. If you prefer a creamier casserole, add an extra 1/4 cup of milk to the mixture before baking.
In conclusion, this tuna noodle casserole recipe is a delicious and easy comfort food that is perfect for any occasion. With simple ingredients and easy steps, it is a classic dish that will never go out of style. Give it a try and make it your own by adding your favorite variations!