The Ultimate Birthday Cake Recipe
A birthday celebration is not complete without a delicious cake. This ultimate birthday cake recipe is sure to impress and satisfy the taste buds of anyone celebrating their special day. Here is how to make it:
– 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
– 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup whole milk
– 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– Buttercream frosting
– Food coloring (optional)
– Sprinkles (optional)
– Fondant decorations (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Then add in the sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated.
5. Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Then add in half of the milk and mix again. Alternate adding in the flour mixture and milk until everything is combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
6. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cakes cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pans and placing them on a cooling rack.
8. Once the cakes have cooled completely, you can begin the fun part of decorating. Here’s how:
– If using fondant decorations, roll out the fondant to the desired thickness and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Then, place them on the cake as desired.
– To make buttercream frosting, beat together softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. You can add food coloring to the frosting if you want to create a colorful cake.
– Place one cake layer on a cake plate and spread a layer of frosting on top. Place the second cake layer on top and spread a layer of frosting all over the cake. Use an offset spatula to create smooth sides and swirls on top.
– Add sprinkles or other decorations on top of the cake if desired.
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
– Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
– Beat the butter and sugar together in a separate bowl until fluffy.
– Add in the eggs one by one, then alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk until everything is combined.
– Bake the batter in two 9-inch round cake pans.
– Let the cakes cool completely.
– Decorate the cake with fondant decorations or buttercream frosting, and add sprinkles or other decorations as desired.