Easter is almost here, and there’s no better way to celebrate than with some healthy and delicious treats. In this article, we’ll be sharing a recipe for two fan-favorite Easter sweets: creme eggs and peeps. But don’t worry, these treats are not only low in calories, but they’re also easy to make. So grab your apron and let’s get started!
Healthy Creme Eggs Recipe
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 2 tbsp honey
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt, and almond milk. Mix until it forms a thick dough.
2. Divide the dough into 12 equal parts, and shape them into small eggs.
3. Freeze the eggs for 10-15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave or a double boiler.
5. Take the eggs out of the freezer and dip them into the melted chocolate until they’re fully covered.
6. Place the chocolate-covered eggs on a wire rack to harden.
7. Once the chocolate has cooled down, use a toothpick or a small knife to make the creme egg filling. Be gentle and make a small hole in the center of each egg.
8. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Healthy Peeps Recipe
– 3 tbsp powdered gelatin
– 1/2 cup cold water
– 1 cup hot water
– 1/2 cup honey, maple syrup, or agave syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Natural food coloring (optional)
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar
– 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the gelatin and cold water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the hot water, honey, vanilla extract, and food coloring (if using). Stir until the honey is dissolved.
3. Pour the honey mixture into the gelatin mixture and whisk until everything is combined.
4. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture on high for 5-10 minutes or until it forms stiff peaks.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut sugar and arrowroot powder.
6. Dust a flat surface with the sugar and arrowroot mixture and spread the marshmallow mixture on top.
7. Use a peeps-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the peeps, and coat them with the sugar and arrowroot mixture.
8. Place the peeps on a wire rack to dry and firm up for at least 1 hour.
– Creme eggs and peeps are Easter sweets that can be made healthy.
– Creme eggs can be made using coconut flour, almond flour, honey, coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, and almond milk.
– Peeps can be made using powdered gelatin, honey, vanilla extract, natural food coloring, coconut sugar, and arrowroot powder.
– Both treats are low in calories, easy to make, and fun to decorate.
– Enjoy these healthy and tasty Easter treats with your family and friends, and have a happy holiday season!