Hawaiian Paradise Cake Recipe: How to make Paradise Cake with 3 Layer Sponge Cake
Are you ready for a tropical treat? This Hawaiian Paradise Cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Made with three layers of light and fluffy sponge cake, each layer is infused with delicious tropical flavors of lime, guava, and passionfruit. The cake is then sandwiched with a rich and creamy coconut frosting and dressed with exotic fruits, making it the ultimate indulgence. But don’t worry, with a few tips and tricks, making this paradise cake is easier than it looks. Let’s get started!
For the Cake:
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 3 eggs
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup lime juice
– 1/2 cup guava juice
– 1/2 cup passionfruit juice
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– Zest of one lime
– Zest of one guava
– Zest of one passionfruit
For the Coconut Frosting:
– 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 4 cups powdered sugar
– 1/4 cup coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
For the Topping:
– Fresh slices of lime, guava, passionfruit or any tropical fruit of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans and line them with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Mix until just combined.
5. Divide the batter into three equal parts. Add lime zest and juice to the first, guava zest and juice to the second, and passionfruit zest and juice to the last.
6. Pour each flavor of batter into each cake pan and use a spatula to smooth out the batter.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Once baked, allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
9. While waiting for the cakes to cool, make the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix together until the frosting is light and fluffy.
10. To assemble the cake, place one layer of cake on a plate or cake stand, spread a layer of frosting on the top, and repeat with remaining layers.
11. Add an extra layer of frosting on the top and decorate the cake with slices of lime, guava, passionfruit or any tropical fruit of your choice.
12. Serve and enjoy your Hawaiian Paradise Cake!
Summary of the Recipe:
– Preheat oven at 350°F and grease 3 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
– Cream together butter and sugar; whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a separate bowl.
– Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Divide batter into three parts.
– Pour lime zest and juice in the first batter, guava zest and juice in the second, and passionfruit zest and juice into the last one.
– Pour each flavor of batter into each cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Let cakes cool and make frosting by creaming butter until smooth, then adding powdered sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt to taste.
– Assemble cake by placing one layer of cake on a cake stand, spreading frosting on top, and repeating with remaining layers.
– Add an extra layer of frosting on the top and decorate the cake with slices of lime, guava, passionfruit, or any tropical fruit of your choice.