Easy Mini King Cake Bites: Perfect Treat for a Mardi Gras Party
Mardi Gras is known for its lively parades, colorful costumes, and delicious food, and no Mardi Gras celebration is complete without king cake. While traditional king cakes can be a bit labor-intensive, these Easy Mini King Cake Bites are a simpler and quicker alternative, perfect for a fun Mardi Gras party.
– 1 package of crescent roll dough
– 4 oz. of cream cheese
– 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of colored sugar crystals (purple, green, and gold)
– 1 plastic baby, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon and mix well.
3. Open the crescent roll dough and separate it into four rectangles, pressing the seams together to seal.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a small border at the edges.
5. Sprinkle colored sugar crystals over the cream cheese mixture.
6. Starting from the short end, roll each rectangle into a log.
7. Cut each log into 6-8 pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
9. If using a plastic baby, insert it into one of the king cake bites after they have cooled down.
10. Serve and enjoy!
– Easy Mini King Cake Bites are a simple and quick alternative to traditional king cakes.
– The ingredients include crescent roll dough, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, colored sugar crystals (purple, green, and gold), and a plastic baby (optional).
– The steps include beating the cream cheese, spreading it over the dough, sprinkling colored sugar crystals, rolling the dough into a log, cutting it into pieces, and baking it for 12-15 minutes.
– The recipe makes 24-32 king cake bites, depending on the size of each piece.
– These king cake bites are perfect for a fun Mardi Gras party or as a treat for your family and friends.