Easter Dirt Cake Recipe: A Fun and Delicious Treat for the Whole Family
Easter is a time for fun, family, and of course, delicious treats. One of the best and most amusing desserts for this holiday is a dirt cake. This special recipe is a variation of the classic Oreo dirt cake, but with a few Easter twists that are sure to make it even more enjoyable.
– 1 package of Oreo cookies
– 1/4 cup of melted butter
– 1 package of cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
– 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding
– 3 cups of milk
– 1 container of whipped topping
– 1 bag of jelly beans or candy eggs
– Optional: spring decorations like flowers or bunnies
1. Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor, or place them in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they are crumbled. Then, mix the crumbs with the melted butter in a bowl until the mixture is moist but not overly greasy.
2. Press the cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of a baking dish, creating a layer of “dirt”.
3. In another bowl, use a mixer to blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until it’s smooth and creamy.
4. Carefully fold in half of the whipped topping until it’s evenly mixed throughout.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie layer.
6. In another bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes or until it thickens up.
7. Gently spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
8. Add the rest of the whipped topping over the pudding layer to create another layer of “dirt”.
9. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until it’s firm.
10. Before serving, sprinkle the jelly beans or candy eggs all over the top, and optionally decorate with spring flowers or bunnies.
11. Serve and enjoy!
– Crush Oreo cookies and mix with melted butter to create the “dirt” layer.
– Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar and add whipped topping for the cream cheese layer.
– Whisk instant pudding mix and milk, then spread over the cream cheese layer.
– Add another layer of whipped topping and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
– Sprinkle jelly beans or candy eggs on top and decorate as desired before serving.