Strawberry Mousse Recipe | Easy Strawberry Dessert
If you’re looking for a light, summery dessert that’s easy to make, this strawberry mousse is perfect. It’s sweet, creamy, and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. This recipe makes six small servings.
• 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
• 1/4 cup cold water
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• fresh strawberries and whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
1. In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries until they are smooth.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the strawberry puree, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes to soften.
4. Stir the strawberry mixture into the softened gelatin until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
5. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold the strawberry mixture into the whipped cream until it’s fully incorporated.
7. Pour the strawberry mousse into small serving dishes or glasses and place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
8. When ready to serve, garnish with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, if desired.
• Blend fresh strawberries to a puree.
• Add granulated sugar and lemon juice to strawberry puree.
• Soak unflavored gelatin in cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
• Add strawberry mixture to the softened gelatin and make sure it is dissolved.
• Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
• Fold in strawberry mixture into the whipped cream.
• Pour the strawberry mousse into small serving dishes and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
• Garnish with fresh strawberries and whipped cream before serving.