Red Wine Beef Stew Recipe – Quick and Easy
Are you in the mood for a hearty and delicious beef dish? This red wine beef stew recipe is a perfect comfort food that you can make in no time. Made with tender beef, red wine, and fragrant herbs, this dish is a perfect filling meal for chilly nights.
– 2 lbs beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
– 2 celery stalks, sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 tbsp tomato paste
– 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
– 2 cups of red wine
– 2 cups of beef broth
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef cubes in batches and brown them on all sides for about 5 minutes. Set the browned beef aside.
3. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots to the pot and cook until the onions become translucent, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the tomato paste and flour and stir until combined with the vegetables.
5. Pour in the red wine and beef broth, and stir until you get a smooth sauce. Add the bay leaf and thyme leaves to the pot.
6. Return the browned beef cubes into the pot, along with any juices.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Simmer for 1-2 hours until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve the red wine beef stew hot, garnished with chopped parsley or a dollop of sour cream.
– Cut the beef into cubes and brown them in a pot with olive oil.
– Use vegetables such as onions, garlic, celery, and carrots.
– Add tomato paste and flour, and stir until combined.
– Pour in red wine and beef broth, and add bay leaves and thyme.
– Simmer for 1-2 hours until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened.
– Serve hot with a garnish of chopped parsley or sour cream.