Easter is just around the corner and it’s time to get crafty with some delicious Easter treats that can be enjoyed by the entire family. Channel Mum has come up with a fun and easy recipe for making Easter Nests, which are essentially chocolate rice crispy cakes with an Easter twist. These nests are easy to make and can be enjoyed throughout the Easter weekend.
– 200g milk chocolate
– 100g butter
– 100g Golden Syrup
– 100g Rice Krispies
– Mini eggs
– Mini marshmallows (optional)
1. Firstly, break the 200g of milk chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and add in 100g of butter and 100g of Golden Syrup.
2. Heat the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir.
3. Repeat this process until the mixture is completely melted and combined.
4. Once the mixture is fully melted, add in 100g of Rice Krispies and stir until they are fully coated in the chocolate mixture.
5. If you want to add mini marshmallows to your nests, now’s the time to fold them into the mix.
6. Next, take a muffin tin and line it with cupcake cases. Spoon the chocolate rice crispy mix into each of the cases, filling them to approximately two-thirds full.
7. Finally, take a few mini eggs and place them gently on top of each nest, pressing them slightly into the mixture.
8. Leave your Easter Nests to cool and set for approximately 30 minutes before removing them gently from the muffin tin and enjoying them with your family and friends.
Making your own Easter Nests is easy, and once you’ve got the hang of it, you can even experiment by adding different ingredients to the mix. Try coconut flakes, chocolate chips, or other colorful Easter candies to make your nest stand out. With this fun recipe, you’re bound to have a blast making these sweet treats and sharing them with loved ones.
Summary bullet points:
– Easter Nests are essentially chocolate rice crispy cakes with an Easter twist
– The ingredients required are milk chocolate, butter, Golden Syrup, Rice Krispies, mini eggs, and mini marshmallows (optional).
– Melt the chocolate, butter, and Golden Syrup in the microwave; add Rice Krispies and mix well.
– Spoon the mixture into a muffin tin, top with mini eggs and leave to set.
– Easter Nests can be decorated with additional ingredients, such as coconut flakes and chocolate chips.