As parents, we all want to teach our children some basic life skills, like cooking. But the kitchen can be a scary place for little ones, especially when it involves heat and sharp knives. But don’t worry, there are tons of easy dessert recipes that children can prepare all on their own, without requiring a stove, cutting board or knife. Here are three of our favorites:
1. Peanut Butter Balls:
– 1 cup peanut butter
– 1/2 cup honey
– 2 cups oats
– 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and honey until smooth.
2. Add oats and mix well to combine
3. Stir in chocolate chips
4. Take small spoonfuls of the mixture and roll them into balls
5. Place balls in the fridge for 30 minutes
2. Fruit Salad:
– 1 apple
– 1 banana
– 1 cup strawberries
– 1/2 a lemon
– 2-3 tablespoons honey
1. Wash all fruit and chop apple, banana, and strawberries into small chunks.
2. Squeeze lemon over fruit and stir gently.
3. Add honey to the mixture and stir again.
4. Serve and enjoy!
3. Yogurt Parfait:
– 1 cup vanilla yogurt
– 1/2 cup granola
– 1/4 cup blueberries
– 1/4 cup strawberries
1. In a cup or bowl, start with a layer of yogurt.
2. Add a layer of granola on top of the yogurt
3. Add a layer of blueberries on top of the granola.
4. Add another layer of yogurt and repeat steps 2 and 3 until you reach the top layer.
5. Top off with strawberries.
6. Serve and enjoy!
With these simple recipes, you can empower your kids to be independent in the kitchen and learn some valuable life skills. And who knows, maybe one day they’ll be cooking dinner for the whole family!
– Peanut Butter Balls: peanut butter, honey, oats, mini chocolate chips.
– Fruit Salad: apple, banana, strawberries, lemon, honey.
– Yogurt Parfait: vanilla yogurt, granola, blueberries, strawberries.