Saltine cracker meatloaf is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for dinner or lunch. This classic recipe from Everyday Food with Sarah Carey is made with ground beef, saltine crackers, onions, ketchup, and basic pantry ingredients.
– 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
– 1/2 cup of crushed saltine crackers
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of ketchup
– 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Cooking spray for greasing the pan
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, saltine crackers, milk, ketchup, chopped onion, and egg.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
4. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and add the meatloaf mixture.
5. Bake for about an hour or until the meatloaf is firm and cooked through.
6. Let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
– You can substitute bread crumbs for saltine crackers if you prefer.
– You can also use ground turkey or pork instead of beef.
– Add your favorite spices or herbs to the meatloaf mixture to add extra flavor.
– Serve the meatloaf with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, green beans, or roasted vegetables.
– Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
In summary, the saltine cracker meatloaf recipe from Everyday Food with Sarah Carey is a classic and delicious dish that’s easy to make. Simply mix together ground beef, saltine crackers, milk, ketchup, onion, and egg, and bake until firm and cooked through. Substitute ingredients, add spices or herbs, and serve with your favorite sides for a satisfying meal.