Meatloaf with Oatmeal Recipe
Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that many people love. However, some recipes for meatloaf can be high in fat and calories. This recipe for meatloaf with oatmeal is a healthier take on the classic dish. Incorporating oatmeal adds both flavor and fiber to the recipe. The recipe is easy to make, and the result is a delicious and satisfying meal that you can enjoy any day of the week.
– 1 lb ground beef
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1/4 cup ketchup
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, rolled oats, milk, ketchup, onion, garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or baking dish and smooth the top.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160°F.
5. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
6. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
– Meatloaf with oatmeal is a healthier take on the classic dish.
– Oatmeal adds flavor and fiber to the recipe.
– The recipe is easy to make and requires simple ingredients.
– The meatloaf is baked in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
– The internal temperature of the meatloaf should reach 160°F before it is removed from the oven.
– The meatloaf should rest for 5-10 minutes before it is sliced and served.
– The final dish can be sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley for added flavor.