As a seafood lover, nothing beats the taste of a delicious tuna casserole. However, if you’re following a low-carb or keto diet, regular tuna casserole recipes may be off the menu. Fortunately, this low-carb tuna casserole recipe is perfect for you!
– 3 cans of tuna in water, drained
– 1 medium-size cauliflower head, chopped
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter
– 1/4 cup almond flour
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup sliced celery
– 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– 1/4 cup chopped dill
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the chopped cauliflower and cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms, celery, onion, and garlic to the saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the almond flour to the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown.
6. Slowly pour in the heavy cream into the saucepan and whisk well to combine.
7. Stir in the cooked cauliflower, tuna, parsley, dill, grated parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy this delicious low-carb tuna casserole with a side salad or roasted vegetables to make it a complete meal.
– Low-carb tuna casserole is a perfect meal for seafood lovers following a low-carb or keto diet.
– Ingredients include cauliflower, tuna, unsalted butter, almond flour, heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, grated cheddar cheese, celery, mushrooms, onion, parsley, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper.
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
– Melt butter in a large saucepan and cook vegetables.
– Add almond flour and heavy cream to the saucepan and stir in cooked cauliflower, tuna, herbs, and cheese. Season to taste.
– Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
– Serve with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.