If you’re looking for a hearty and comforting meal that’s easy to prepare, this Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe is perfect for you. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal ready to go in no time. In this recipe article, we’ll break down the step-by-step instructions on how to make this tasty beef stew.
– 2 pounds of beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 2 cups of beef broth
– 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
– 1 large onion, diced
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
– 2 celery stalks, sliced
– 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 2 tablespoons of flour
– 2 tablespoons of butter
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of butter and let it melt.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the diced onions and cook until they become soft and translucent.
3. Add in the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute, stirring frequently.
4. Add in the beef cubes and cook until they are browned on all sides.
5. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over the beef and stir until it is coated evenly.
6. Transfer the beef mixture to a large crock pot.
7. Add in 2 cups of beef broth, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 sliced carrots, 2 sliced celery stalks, 3 diced potatoes, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Stir all the ingredients together until everything is evenly distributed.
9. Cover the crock pot with a lid and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
10. Serve the beef stew hot and enjoy!
– Prep time: 20 minutes
– Cook time: 8 hours or 4 hours
– Total time: 8 hours and 20 minutes or 4 hours and 20 minutes
– Serves: 4-6
– Skill level: Easy
– Ingredients: Beef chuck roast, beef broth, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, dried thyme, flour, butter, salt and pepper.
– Directions: Brown the beef and onions in butter, add in the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
– Tips: Add more vegetables like peas, green beans or corn. Serve with crusty bread or rice.