Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by many generations. This dish is easy to make and can be a great way to use up leftover ingredients. It is perfect for a weeknight dinner or even a potluck party.
– 8 oz. egg noodles
– 2 (5 oz.) cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of frozen peas
– 1/4 cup of chopped onion
– 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, and chopped onion. Mix well.
4. Add cooked egg noodles to the mixing bowl and stir everything together.
5. Transfer the mixture into a baking dish.
6. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Serve hot and enjoy.
– You can substitute the egg noodles with other pasta, such as macaroni or penne.
– You can use fresh or canned mushrooms instead of cream of mushroom soup. Simply sauté the mushrooms in a pan and add them to the mixture.
– You can use any type of cheese for topping, such as mozzarella or Monterey Jack.
– Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic comfort food that is easy and quick to make.
– The dish contains egg noodles, tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, onion, and cheddar cheese.
– To make the casserole, cook the egg noodles and mix them with the other ingredients in a large bowl before transferring into a baking dish and topping with cheese and breadcrumbs.
– To add variety, try using different types of pasta, mushrooms, or cheese.