Tuna Casserole is a classic dish that many households enjoy, but it can be tricky to get it just right. Nobody wants a watery and soggy casserole, but a creamy and flavorful one. This Best Tuna Casserole Recipe will help you achieve that perfect texture and taste that you and your family will love.
– 1 lb. egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of chopped onions
– 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp. of black pepper
– 1/4 tsp. of salt
– 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
– 2 tbsp. of melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions, then drain them and set them aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, chopped onions, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Stir well until everything is evenly distributed.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the bowl, and mix everything gently to avoid breaking up the noodles.
5. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish, and gently pour the tuna noodle mixture into the dish.
6. In a small mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and melted butter, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the casserole.
7. Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the edges are bubbling.
8. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving, and enjoy!
– This Best Tuna Casserole Recipe uses simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry and freezer.
– The creamy and flavorful sauce is made from a can of cream of mushroom soup and milk, rather than using condensed soup.
– Adding frozen peas and chopped onions not only adds a pop of color to the casserole, but also extra nutrients.
– Mixing the ingredients gently and avoiding breaking up the noodles creates a perfect texture that is not wet or soggy.
– Sprinkling breadcrumbs and melted butter on the top of the casserole creates a crunchy and golden crust that adds extra texture and flavor.