The Original Margarita Recipe: How to Make It
Are you tired of the same old margarita recipes, and want to try the original one? Look no further! This recipe has been around since the 1930s, and it’s simple yet delicious. Read on to learn how to make your own classic margarita.
– 2 oz (60 ml) tequila
– 1 oz (30 ml) lime juice
– ½ oz (15 ml) Cointreau or triple sec
1. Salt the glass rim
The first step in making a margarita is to prepare your glass. You will need to salt the rim, which will add a nice touch to your drink. To do this, grab a small plate and pour some salt on it. Rub a slice of lime around the rim of your glass, then dip the rim in the salt.
2. Add ice
Once you’ve salted the rim, fill your glass with ice. You can use regular ice cubes or crushed ice, depending on your preference.
3. Mix the ingredients
The next step is to mix all the ingredients. In a shaker or a mixing glass, combine the tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. Add ice to the shaker, then shake well until frosted.
4. Strain the mixture
Once you’ve shaken your margarita, strain the mixture into your glass. If you find some small ice chips or lime pulp in your shaker, you can strain it through a fine-mesh strainer to make your drink even smoother.
5. Garnish, serve, and enjoy!
Once you’ve strained your mixture, garnish your margarita with a slice of lime or some mint leaves. Voila! Your classic margarita is ready to be served. Enjoy it on a hot summer day or as a cocktail with friends.
– Salt the rim of your glass by rubbing a slice of lime around the rim and dipping it in salt
– Fill your glass with ice
– Mix 2 oz of tequila, 1 oz of lime juice, and ½ oz of Cointreau or triple sec in a shaker, add ice, and shake well
– Strain the mixture into your glass through a fine-mesh strainer if desired
– Garnish your margarita with a slice of lime or some mint leaves, and serve.