Super Bowl LVII Birthday Cake Recipe
Are you ready to impress your birthday guests with an NFL Super Bowl-themed cake? This cake recipe will serve as the perfect centerpiece to your party, representing your love for football in a delicious and creative way! Follow these instructions to create this Super Bowl LVII-inspired cake that will surely make a touchdown at your party.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 cup boiling water
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 3-4 cups powdered sugar
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– pinch of salt
– Blue and Red Food Coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans and line them with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-combined.
3. Add in milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined.
4. Stir in boiling water, a little at a time, until the batter becomes smooth and pourable.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the three prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and let the cakes cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the cakes from the pans and let them cool completely on the wire racks.
8. To make the frosting, using an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, a cup at a time, and beat until the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
9. Add in the heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt while beating the mixture on medium speed until it is light and fluffy.
10. Divide the frosting into three bowls. Add a few drops of blue food coloring into one bowl and mix until you reach the desired shade of blue for the Super Bowl cake. Add a few drops of red food coloring into one bowl and mix until you reach the desired hue of red for the other half of the cake. Leave the third bowl plain white.
11. Once the cakes are completely cool, stack and level them with a serrated knife.
12. Frost the cake with the blue frosting for the top and red for the bottom. Use white frosting to pipe on the football laces and trim the sides of your cake.
13. Decorate your cake using NFL-themed cake toppers such as football figurines, team logos, and other Super Bowl-inspired decorations to give it a more personalized touch.
– Make cake batter, divide into three cake pans and bake
– Mix ingredients for frosting, divide into three bowls and add food coloring as desired
– Stack and level the cakes with a serrated knife
– Frost the cake with blue frosting on top, red on the bottom, and white for piping on the football laces and trimming the edges
– Decorate with NFL-themed cake toppers to complete the Super Bowl LVII Birthday Cake!