My ‘hidden veg’ Cheesy Miso Tuna Mornay (Casserole Pasta Bake) | Marion’s Kitchen
Are you looking for a quick, easy, and healthy dinner that the whole family will love? Try my ‘hidden veg’ Cheesy Miso Tuna Mornay (Casserole Pasta Bake) recipe! Made with simple ingredients, this dish is packed full of hidden veggies and delicious flavors that will satisfy your taste buds and your appetite.
• 500g pasta
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 1 can tuna in springwater (drained)
• 1 tbsp miso paste
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp flour
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Cook the pasta according to package instructions, and then drain and set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the flour to form a roux.
4. Add the milk to the roux gradually, whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
5. Stir in the miso paste and continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
6. Add the frozen peas and corn to the sauce and stir until they are warmed through.
7. Add the drained can of tuna and mix well.
8. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir until everything is well coated.
9. Transfer the pasta mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
10. Bake the casserole in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Summary of Benefits:
– Quick and easy recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights
– Packed full of hidden veggies to increase vitamin and mineral intake
– Delicious flavors that will appeal to both kids and adults
– Simple ingredients that are easy to find at the grocery store
– Can be prepared ahead of time and reheated for an even quicker meal
– Baking in the oven adds a crispy, cheesy topping that makes it a family favorite.