If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s also hearty and comforting, then look no further than Instant Pot Beef Stew! This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Plus, with the Instant Pot, you can have this delicious stew on the table in no time!
– 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups beef broth
– 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
– 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and add the olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Turn off the sauté mode and add the beef broth, carrots, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
4. Close the Instant Pot lid and make sure the valve is set to “sealing”. Set the Instant Pot to manual mode and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
5. Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
6. Open the Instant Pot and stir the stew. If you’d like a thicker stew, you can mix together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water in a separate bowl and add it to the stew. Stir and let it simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
7. Serve hot with your favorite crusty bread or dinner rolls.
– Instant Pot Beef Stew is a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
– This recipe uses beef stew meat, onions, garlic, beef broth, carrots, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
– You’ll brown the beef in the Instant Pot, then add the remaining ingredients and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
– After the cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
– If you’d like a thicker stew, mix together cornstarch and water and add it to the stew before simmering for a few minutes.
– Serve hot with crusty bread or dinner rolls.