Ricotta pie is a classic Italian dessert that has become a favorite all over the world. It is a sweet and creamy dish that is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a family gathering, a party, or just to satisfy your sweet tooth. Making ricotta pie is a simple and straightforward process that anyone can master. In this article, we will show you how to make ricotta pie step by step using an educational tone.
– 1 ½ cups of ricotta cheese
– 1 cup of sugar
– 3 eggs
– 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 ready-made pie crust
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and sugar. Mix until the sugar is well blended into the ricotta cheese. Then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the cornstarch and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Step 3: Pour the Mixture into the Pie Crust
Pour the mixture into the ready-made pie crust. Make sure that the mixture is evenly distributed and the surface is smooth.
Step 4: Bake the Pie
Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are golden brown.
Step 5: Cool the Pie
Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Once the pie has cooled down, it can be refrigerated until ready to serve.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy
When you are ready to serve, slice the ricotta pie into even portions and enjoy it with friends and family. Add some fresh fruit or whipped cream on top of the slices for an extra touch of flavor and presentation.
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
– Mix the ricotta cheese and sugar, then add the eggs one at a time, followed by the cornstarch and vanilla extract
– Pour the mixture into the ready-made pie crust
– Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes
– Let the pie cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve
– Serve and enjoy with fresh fruit or whipped cream on top!