Meatloaf is a classic dish that is loved by many. It is relatively simple to make and can be customized to suit different tastes. Meatloaf with oatmeal is a healthier and more flavorful variation that is worth trying out.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 cup oatmeal (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, oatmeal, egg, milk, diced onion, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
4. Transfer the meat mixture to a shallow baking dish or loaf pan. Shape it into a loaf shape.
5. Pour the ketchup mixture over the meatloaf, spreading it out evenly to cover the top.
6. Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
7. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Benefits of adding oatmeal to meatloaf:
– Oatmeal is a good source of fiber, which helps with digestion and can promote a feeling of fullness.
– Oatmeal is also a good source of protein and complex carbohydrates, which can help sustain energy and provide a slow release of nutrients.
– Adding oatmeal to meatloaf can help reduce the amount of fat needed for binding and texture, resulting in a healthier and more nutritious dish.
In summary, meatloaf with oatmeal is a delicious and nutritious variation of the classic dish. It is easy to make and offers many benefits to health and wellness. Give it a try and enjoy the flavorful combination of beef and oatmeal!